8" 2-way weatherproof in-ground/on-ground omnidirectional loudspeaker, 70V/8 Ohm
17.75”Dia. (base) x 19.25”H (45.1cm Dia. x 48.9cm H)
The IG8s2 replaces the original IG8 model and features the Generation 2 Metal Diaphragm Technology cone that is lighter and stiffer than the original MDT cone. The result is a broadband 3dB increase in sensitivity and more than 4dB in the midrange - making the IG8s2 easier for amplifiers to drive and better sounding with more "open" midrange and greater vocal presence.
The NEAR IG series look and sound great when used as freestanding on-ground speakers that can be camouflaged among planters and pots. But we primarily designed them to be partially buried in the ground, affording homeowners superior sound performance, lower visibility and theft security.
The packed earth around the speaker dampens enclosure wall resonances to zero. Details in the music that you can hear on high-end indoor speakers, but not on typical outdoor speakers, can be clearly heard and enjoyed.
In-ground installation also reinforces bass response by providing an infinite baffle to focus the sound waves. Bass impact is visceral, precise and detailed. Midrange, particularly the lower-mid region that carries the “body” of vocals, is rich, smooth and highly articulate. Imagine being able to understand the lyrics even at low volume levels. Now you can with NEAR.
Like other NEAR® speakers, the IG8s2 is truly weather-proof, not just “weather-resistant,” and can be used totally exposed to the elements. The IG enclosure is color-through, Linear Low-Density Polyethylene that sheds moisture, dirt and chemicals. The UV inhibitor pigments are embedded uniformly throughout the material so the sun won’t fade or yellow the color and garden tools won’t easily mar their looks.
The color-matched grilles are oxidation-resistant heavy gauge powder coated stainless steel with rectangular perforations that inhibit water from clogging the holes and blocking high frequencies. The upward facing driver array is protected from moisture, debris and critter ingress with a special hydrophobic fabric that lets sound out but keeps water from getting in.
Every Listener Hears Great Sound
The NEAR IG models are “omnidirectional” designs that radiate sound evenly in a 360-degree pattern for more uniform coverage and better sound quality for every listener. In stereo installations everyone can hear a true stereo image and all the music on a recording, not just half of it. In the monophonic installations typically employed to cover larger spaces, NEAR’s omni design helps achieve a uniform blanket of sound across the entire area. As listeners move through and around the space they’ll be rewarded with uniform volume levels, perfect octave-to-octave tonal balance, and clear, natural vocals without the “shouty” quality of so many outdoor speakers.
Superior Technology, Superior Sound
The IG8s2 utilizes a Generation 2 MDT metal alloy woofer with dual voice coil UDIO technology along with the Magnetic Liquid Suspension (MLS) technology patented by New England Audio Resource in 1993. Our Titanium alloy tweeter supplies smooth, detailed "air" and life to the music. These are the same materials and technologies employed throughout the IG Series to ensure timbre consistency and system design flexibility.
The result is exceptional sound quality that rivals audiophile-grade indoor speaker systems. NEAR’s omnidirectional dispersion design and high tech components ensure that everyone on the deck or patio hears well-balanced, lifelike sound at every volume level without fatigue.
- Purpose-built to be extremely durable in all weather conditions, mounted in-ground
- Stylish design provides functional rigidity and extra security when buried
- Generation 2 anodized metal alloy speaker cones (MDT) maintain specified performance over a broad range of temperatures (-20 to +160 degrees F; -29 - +71 C) for consistent sound quality in every season
- UDIO (upside down/inside out) driver employs voice coils wound both inside and outside the former for extremely accurate linearity, even at extreme volume levels
- Heavy gauge epoxy-coated stainless steel grille withstands rigors of outdoor living
- MLS spiderless motor uses specially developed ferrofluid to center the voice coil and eliminates the distortion generated by spiders
- Sealed magnet gap locks out moisture and debris
- 1” coincident-mounted tweeter with 8” woofer positioned for optimum dispersion
- LLDP (Linear Low-Density Polyethylene) color-through enclosures are acoustically inert and stand tough under abuse and in extreme conditions
- Advanced polymer cone surrounds resist UV rays, chlorine, fertilizer and salt spray
- 70V multi-tap transformer standard for use with the NEAR 6XL power amplifier in 70V operation - can be by-passed for 8 ohm use
- Signal connection via pre terminated 8-conductor burial grade cable exiting the bottom of the enclosure.
- Color: Kodiak Brown enclosure with matching grille
- Speaker complement: (1) 8” Gen 2 Metal Alloy Diaphragm UDIO Woofer, MLS Voice Coil Guidance, UV and Chemical Resistant Rubber Surround; (1) 1.1” Metal Alloy Diaphragm Tweeter, Ferrofluid Damping, UV and Chemical Resistant Rubber Surround, Corrosion-Resistant Magnet Assembly
- Frequency Response – 38Hz to 17.5kHz, +/-3.5dB
- Sensitivity (1W/1M) – 89dB
- Dispersion – 360 Degrees
- Power Requirements (@8 ohms)
- Up to 150 Watts (Ave); 600 Watts Peak
- Power Requirements (@70V)
- 128W, 64W, 32W, 16W, 8W
- Dimensions – 17.75” Diameter at Base x 19.25”High
- Product Weight – 19.5 lbs/8.85kgs
- Maximum SPL @1M (1/2 space) – 107dB
- Input Terminations – 8-Cond. Cable
Unverbindliche Preisempfehlung des Herstellers: Nein